Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Safe passage

Kirstin Paisley

As I write this, members of our community are keeping vigil with Rob. He is held in the same circle of love that I was so touched by last weekend. The hands that squeezed mine in celebration, are easing his journey to the illimitable Love who embraces us all.

I’m 70 miles away, reading e-mail updates from friends who have visited him at CPMC. You all say the same thing: he is receiving wonderful care, and is surrounded by love. Our community is present with him, around the clock. The Brothers are there. His nieces are with him. Jack played his harp; the same harp he played for us three days ago.

I am in awe, of love. There is an unspeakable sweetness in this. I know Rob, and I know our God; I know that he is safe, in good hands, and going from love, to Love. I’m aware of my own sadness, and we will miss him tremendously. Right now, though, he is being given a gentle, attentive passing. You are doing the “work of the people.” And doing it beautifully and well.

I want you to know, also, that Rob is being prayed for at the Bishop’s Ranch. Jack Dowling and I talked about him, and I lit a candle in the chapel. I’ll do it again, tomorrow. We are with you, and with Rob.

My prayers and my love go with you.

1 comment:

web design companies in london said...

Snap is an ITES Solution provider based in india with its eminent
and potent team, which caters clients in level of sure satisfaction.